There are many definitions of nlp, all however, relate to the same principle of being “a practical way of understanding our thinking and our behaviour that can be used to make rapid and useful changes in our lives”.
NLP explores the relationship between how we think and the way we use our senses to understand what is happening around us (neuro), how we communicate both verbally and non-verbally and how it influences us and those around us (linguistic) and our patterns of behaviour and the way we organise our ideas and actions which produce expected and unexpected results (programming).
NLP provides us with the ‘how’ of our subjective experience – how we think about our values and beliefs, how we create our emotional states and how we construct our internal world from our ex- perience and give it meaning. no event has meaning in itself, we give it meaning, and different people may give the same event different meanings. nlp studies experience from the inside.
NLP will help you to:
- Explore and transform beliefs that may limit success
- Clear unwanted habits e.g. nail biting, smoking and bad eating patterns
- Build confidence and raise self-esteem
- Resolve depression and anxiety
- Move from feeling stuck to feeling motivated
- Develop and achieve goals
- Improve relationships by understanding how you communicate with yourself and others
- Achieve balance in any area of your life
Click here for information on NLP training courses and other personal skills training